There is a sadness in the air as we bid goodbye to another year. Yes, I know, most of us are saying good riddance to a difficult time. And, of course, that’s true. However, there are so many shifts that have happened over the course of the past 12 months.
- We’ve gotten a master class in narcissism with a side of bully thanks to the outgoing president.
- We’ve come to realize how much our democracy means to us and just how fragile it is.
- We’ve learned how few clothes we really need. The planet says thank you.
- We’ve been reminded of how adaptable we can be when we need to be.
- We’ve become more active in addressing injustices taking place
- We’ve become more accepting of what is and more thankful for what we have.
- And we’ve learned the value of a roll of toilet paper.
This month, the energy is primarily about sitting quietly and taking in the magnitude of what you’ve accomplished. YOU DID IT! You survived this year. With all the challenges, heartaches, disappointments, and adjustments. We should all get T-shirts!
The truth is life may never be the same again. I hate to say it. But I’m afraid it’s true. It will be different. And that’s where the feeling of sadness came from when I felt into the month. Honor the melancholy. It’s warranted.
But this is what it feels like for the world to shift together. It feels big. Different. And hopeful. We can change. We are changing. We’re waking up collectively. Becoming more aware of our interconnectedness. If we learn nothing else from a global epidemic, it’s that we are one.
As I draw this month’s forecast to a close, in my head I hear Queen’s We Are the Champions of the World. Let’s celebrate the wins. Let’s remember what’s important. And let’s never forget who we are. We are the champions of the world.
Here’s hoping you have a holiday season filled with comfort and joy.
See you next year!
Anna Francesca Celestino is an intuitive coach and author of the book Igniting Change. She has a gift for untangling emotional issues which she’s applied to The Emotional Workout. Six simple questions to find out what’s been stopping you and one question to turn it all around. Download your free copy now. Photo by Raphael Rychetsky on Unsplash